- Heart Muscle can initiate its own contraction, so it is described as myogenic.
- Muscle can contract and relax even when its not connected to its own body.
- Atrial muscle tends to contract at a higher frequency than the ventricular muscle.
- At the top of the Right Atrium , is the Sinoatrial Node (SAN), which is a tiny patch of tissue that generates electrical activity. SAN initiates a wave of excitation. SAN is also known as the pacemaker.
- This wave of excitation quickly spreads over both atria, as wave of excitation passes, it causes cardiac muscle…