- Created by: Cm054390
- Created on: 14-11-19 13:29
- Labour MP from: 1945-1983.
- Leader of the party from: 1963-1976.
- Prime minister from: 1964-1970 + 1974-1976 (winning 4 general elections).
- Personal image = Being a moderniser + down to earth.
- Promised that Britain would catch up with the 'white heat' of technological change .
- Wilson's apponent = modern looking Edward heath from the Conservative Party.
Wilson was a better political tactician. Edward = stiff + lacked in personality.
- Supported left of the Labour party at first - being a bevanite.
He supported Gaitskell's cabinet but also challanged him for leadership in 1961 - Wilson lost.