- Oct 1929- THE WALL STREET STOCK MARKET CRASHES
- German economy collapsed without American aid.
- Industrial production went into decline
- Mass unemployment-went from 1.6million to over 6 million
- Unemplyment benefits were cut-the economy could not afford to support large numbers. This made many Germans angry
- The KPD (the Communist Party of Germany) was founded in December 1918 and its support increased as it believed in equality, representation of workers' need and making society more fair
- They competed with the Nazis. Some historians think the Nazi Party's rise to power wasn't guaranteed- in the 1930s, both left and right political parties increased in popularity in Germany
- In 1930 they had 13% of the votes and 15% in the July 1932 elections- however this was not enough to catch up with the…