Fuses and Earthing
- Mains Cables have 3 separate wires.
- The brown live wire in a mains supply alternates between a high positive and negative voltage.
- The blue neutral wire is always at 0V.
- Electricity only flows in and out through the live and neutral wires normally.
- The green and yellow earth wire is just for safety, and works together with a fuse to prevent fire and shocks.
- Fuses prevent electric shocks.
- To prevent surges of current in electrical circuits and danger of electric shocks, a fuse is normally placed in the circuit. You can sometimes use a circuit-breaker, which is like a resettable fuse.
- If the current in the circuit gets…