- Created by: themoderrnage
- Created on: 28-04-21 09:38
What does the Feminist Perspective cover?
- Achievement by gender.
- Experience of different genders in education.
- Gender socialisation.
- Formation of gendered identities.
- Gendered subject images.
Achievement by Gender
- Historically, girls underachieved in comparison to boys:
- Lower expectations.
- Gendered subject choices.
- Career paths.
- Socialisation into expressive roles.
- Since the 1980s, girls have startede to achieve higher than boys:
- Rise of feminism.
- Career aspirations.
- Feminisation of education.
- Educated female-role models.
Experience of Different Genders in Education
- Sexual harassment of girls in schools and the 'male gaze'.