- Created by: tiacoles
- Created on: 03-02-16 10:23
- Relapse Prevention: achieving a stable energy balance around the new lower weight. This involves learning to identify situations in which 'lapses' could occur and how to 'refocus.'
- Motivation and confidence help to determine success aswell as incentives and social support.
- Operant conditioning is utilised in the form of rewards acting as positive reinforcement to condition the desired weight loss effect. For example, new clothes that fit the new body shape.
- The use of social networks is also beneficial - family and friends provide support during weight loss period.
- Dieting organisations such as WeightWatchers is also beneficial as it creates a positive social…
Similar Psychology resources: