- Created by: GreenGooSnake
- Created on: 19-07-19 21:30
It's no good just sticking a quote down on its own. That doesn't prove anything. You have to make sure you explain why you're using a quote.
You can put the explanation Before the quote.
Here a quote is used to back up a reason that's been given.
The woman at the banjo club are rude. They talk among themselves even though they all know Mrs Icenoggle is there - "All the other women glanced briefly at Mrs Icenoggle".
- The answer makes a point - it says the women are rude.
- Then there's a reason to back it up - the women talk among themselves even though they know Mrs Icenoggle is there.
- Now there's a quote from the text. The quote proves the point that the other women all know…