- Created by: Gaynor
- Created on: 29-03-18 19:56
Component 1.1 - Origins and Meaning
(a) (2) - What is meant by... - these will be keywords taken from the Glossary of Key Concepts
(b) (5) - Describe Catholic beliefs about the Bible
- Describe Catholic beliefs about the origins of the world.
- Describe Catholic views on Evolution
- Describe the creationist view of the origins of the world
- Describe Humanist views on abortion
- Choose one Christian charity and describe how its work reflects Catholic belief about the dignity of the human being
- Describe what is meant by the term 'Catholic Social Teaching'.
- Describe what is meant by the Catholic understanding of 'Imago Dei'.
- Describe how the SVP works to relieve poverty in the UK
(c) (8) - Explain from two different religious traditions beliefs about the creation of the universe
- Explain the attitudes of two different religious traditions towards abortion
- Explain why a Roman Catholic would say that all human life is holy
- Explain from two religions/religious traditions belief in humanity as created Imago Dei
- Explain why the doctrine of Imago Dei is central to Catholic Social Teaching
- Explain how Michelangelo's Creation of Adam reflects Catholic beliefs about creation