The Digestive System.
Disgestion breaks down large molecules into smallewr molecules.
- many molecules in our food are polymers
- polymers = large, complex molecules composed of long chains of momoers (e.g monosaccharide or aminoacid.
- Proteins and some carbohydrates are polymers.
- In carbohydrates the momomers are called monosaccharides ( containing carbon hydrogren and oxygen).
- proteins the monomers are amino acids ( containing carbon hydrogen oxygen and nitrogen)
- Polymers in our food are insoluble, so cant be directly absorbed in to our blood stream…