- Created by: Elizabeth Wright
- Created on: 03-04-13 14:16
What is depression?
· An affective disorder, which is on a continuum.
· Patients can have it to greater or lesser extent.
· Depression is the most common form of mental disorder.
· The most common symptoms include;-
- Persistent low mood for more than two weeks and more than five of the following:
- Reduced concentration.
- Lack of self-esteem.
- Disturbed sleeping or eating patterns.
- Sometimes there are ideas of self-harm.
- Lack of interest.