- Natural resources (found in the natural world that we can use)
- Human resources (the skills of a popualtion in a society)
- Material or capital resources (resources that are already in the country)
- Non-renewable resources - like coal, oil or diamond - can not be remade, because it would take millions of years for them to form again.
- Sustainable resources - like wood - can be deliberately renewed. They can be managed and usable not but also in the future.
- Renewable resources - like solar power or wind power - renew themselves, and do not need to be managed.
Uses of oil include:
- Car fuels
- Powering factories
- Power: electricity
Consumpsion of oil over the past 40 years:
- Consumption has rapidly increased
- In 2005, world consumption was 87 million barrels per day
- In 1965, world consumption was 30 million barrels per day
- In 40 years, the world consumption rates has grown over 3 times as much