- Created by: flyingcolours01
- Created on: 15-05-23 15:23
- mezentius "Now you killed my son, you savage, you need not try to frighten me ... i have come to die" - symphathy for a villainous character
- Aeneas&Pallas link to Marcelleus and Augustus
- "Ascanius in an armed embrace and kissed him lightly through his helmet"
- Leaves Dido bcs Mercury reminds him pof Ascanius' fate
- Jupiter &Mercury
- "The relationship between father and don is the closest bond in the Aeneid" (Sowerby)
- "Father-son relationship and suffering are central to the plot" (Cowan)
- Aeneas killing spree= "hot fury" "plunged into his breast" and killing "everything that stood before him"
- Ignores Turnus' mercy "if any thought to my unhgappy father can touch you, i beg of you"
- Turnus- "blazing with rage", wearing the "fatal baldrich"
- Symbol of fire- dido (death), ships via women in sciliy
- Aeneas follows Tiber advice in a dream and makes offering to Juno before the battle
- "I am…