- Atoms needs to collide with sufficient energy to make or break bonds
- The energy required to break and make these bonds is called the activation energy.
- When particles collide, they need to exceed the activiation energy to react.
- You don't say a particle is given activation energy, you say it is given the energy to exceed the activation energy.
- By increasing temperture you supply energy which means there's a greater proportion of successful collisions which succeed EA (activation energy)
- Rate of reaction = change in concentration/ change in time
- Rate of reaction = 1/time, if measuring how long it takes for a fixed constant amount…
Similar Chemistry resources: