- Created by: MattieGoodchild
- Created on: 11-10-14 15:37
CMEC (Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission)
- CSA 1991 - took jurisdiction for dealing with maintenance from courts (jnless Respondent earns too much.
- Aim was to ensure parents contributed realistically to supporf of their children.
- Various issues led to CSA being scrapped.
- Major reforms including Child Support, Pensions and Socieal Security Act 2000 (CSPSSA 2000.
- Qualifying child is biological child who is genearlly under 16. Maintenance paid by non-resident parent to parent with care.
- Calculation under CSPSSA is relatively simple:
Gross weekly income determines rate to pay:
Basic rate (income in excess of £200 per week)
Nil rate (various low income or benefit cases).