Capercaillie, Skye Waulking Song
· The first half of the song is fairly quiet and relaxed.
· In the second half it is much louder- the drums and bass join in.
· When the drums and bass drop out it is quitter again.
· Very strong, clear rhythms.
· 12/8 time signature – 4 beats in a bar.
· Use of syncopation.
· Polyrhythmic texture, lots of different rhythms overlap, e.g. hi-hat sometimes plays 3 beats whilst the singer is in 12/8. Makes it feel like 3/4.
· Fairly slow, steady tempo
· Remains the…