- any kind of feul that is biological in origin
- wood chippings
- ethanol is made through fermentation
- biodiesel is an oil substitute manufactured from oil seed ****
- biogas (mainly methane) is used on a small scale to power generators
are they climate friendly?
- in principle, they are a way fo reducing green houes gase emissions
- burning fuels rleases CO2 but growing the plants absorbs a large amount of CO2 from the atmosphere
- energy used in harming and procesing crops can make them just as polluting as petroleum based fuels
where are they used?
- sugarcane industry in Brazil
- 60% of new cars run on a fuel mix that includes 85% ethanol
- used within…