- Created by: Aaron Scott
- Created on: 02-04-12 08:54
The nervous system allows for humans to react with their surroundings and to coordinate their movements and behaviour.
Receptors detect stimuli(changes in the enviroment), some examples of receptors and their stimuli are:
- Eyes- these are sensitive to light
- Ears- these are sensitive to sound
- Ears- also sensitive to changes in position and enable us to stay balanced
- Tongue and Nose- Sensitive to chemicals that enable us to taste and smell
- Skin- Sensitive to tocuh, pressure, pain and temperature changes
Light receptor cells have a nucleus, cytoplasm and a cell membrane, just like most animal cells.
Information from the receptors passes along cells called neurones in nerves to…