- Created by: lilyhw
- Created on: 12-12-19 15:02
- The job of the lungs is to transfer oxygen to the blood and to remove waste carbon dioxide from it.
- To do this the lungs contain millions of little air sacs called the alveoli where gas exchange takes place
- The alveoli are specialisd to maximie the diffusion of oxygen and carbon dioxide.
-They have :
- An enormous surface area (about 75m^2 in humans)
- A moist lining for dissolving gases
- Vey thin walls
- A good blood supply
- the gills are the gas exchange surface in fish
- Water (containing oxygen) enters the fish through the mouth and passes out through its gills. As this happens, oxygen diffuses fro the…