THE CIRCULATORY SYSTEM:
- The function of the circulatory system is to transport materials around the body.
- There is a main vein called the vena cava.
- There is a main artery called the aorta.
- There is deoxygenated blood and oxygenated blood.
- The circulatory system consists of the blood, heart, and the blood vessels.
- There are the capillaries in the lungs.
- The pulmonary vein transports oxygenated blood to the heart through the left atrium.
- The aorta transports the rest of the blood throughout the body.
- Arteries carry blood from the heart to body tissues.