Molecules Of Life
Animal Cells Contain a....
- Nucleus which controls the cells activities.
- Cell Membrane which holds the cell together and controls what goes in and out of the cells.
- Cytoplasm where most of the cells reactions take place.
- Mitochondria where most of the reactions involved in respiration take place.
- Ribosomes where proteins are synthesised.
Plants Cell's Contain all the structures of an animal cell but also contain ....
- Chloroplasts where photosynthesis takes place.
- Cell Wall which contains cellulose which strengthens the cell. (Supports it).
- Vacuole filled with cell sap to support the cell.
The Nucleus contains genes. Each Gene:
- Is a section of a Chromosome made of DNA.
- Codes for a particular protein.
DNA is made of 2 strands coiled to form a double helix, each strand containing chemicals called bases. There are 4 different types of bases, with cross-links between the strands formed by pairs of bases. Each…