ASCH-AIMS AND CONTEXT
- Conformity is a form of social influence where people adopt behaviours,attitudes and values from other members of a reference group.
- Group pressure might play a very important role in most explanations of conformity.
- Conformity is a very important process to understand as it thought to have a significant impact on many of our behaviours and the decisions we make in situations.
After WWII the U.S. entered a cold war against the soviet. It was a race to the moon and to get nuclear weapons. The U.S were very conformist as they were afraid of being communist and holding anti-american views.
- Published his findings from his 'beans in a bottle' where individual students were asked to estimate the number of beans that appeared in a jar.
- He then asked them in groups to arrive at a group estiamate.
- When he then asked them to make another individual…