Ideas in context May 30th PM exam
We were given the articles for additional this week. The exam is next week. We have just finished the core ideas in context. My teacher gave us some questions based on the article, I will share them with you. These are just for Additional Biology (B4 Homeostasis) and Additional Chemistry (C4 or C5 Chlorine and Bromine). I have some questions for the Additional Physics section of the article, these were from a different teacher and are just based around the topics. My teacher will provide more questions for physics based on the article on Monday.
I will provide answers later on, once they have been checked by the teacher, i'm pretty sure they're right though.
Look at page 3 with the signs and symptoms. These questions are based on the symptoms.
1) Name the process that is causing the lips, ears, fingers and toes to appear pale?
2) Why do they appear less pale?
3) What is the purpose of shivering?
4) In this situation, why are walking and using your hands often difficult?
5) Name the 4 effectors that will be working in all 4 cases?
Now look at the advice to reduce the risk section of the article. These questions are based on this part.
1) What is the purpose of eating plenty of carbohydrates and fats?
2) Why should you drink plenty of water?
3) As a hypothermic persons core temperature ruses what will happen to their symptoms? (use the ideas of effectors, receptors and negative feedback)
4) Why are the head and neck so important to cover up? (Use vasoconstriction in your answer)
Look at page 2 of the article. These questions are based on paragraphs 1 and 2 of the article.
1) What is hypothermia?
2) What is the core…