- Created by: Kat Cockram
- Created on: 19-04-16 12:12
(a) Ways of exploring extracts:
Non-verbal: Pace, Posture, Proxemics, Movement, Gait, Gesture, Mime, Exits and entrances
Verbal: Pitch, Pace, Pause, Tone, Accent, Emphasis, Volume, Intonation
1. Topic sentence:
In rehearsal, as a director, one of the ways I would outline for my performers to explore..... in the extract would be....
2. Choose a non-verbal way e.g. Movement, pace, posture
3. Give a reason how/why it explores e.g. This would explore how they would exit the stage
4. Give 2 opposite examples e.g. The pairs could use traditional dance which would show.... or they could use contemporary dance which would show...
5. Choose a verbal way e.g. Pitch, pace, pause
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for point 5
(b) Consider three appropriate rehearsal techniques:
EXAMPLES: spontaenous/summaritive still images, objective work, leading with body parts, balance board, chair magnets
WARNING! DO NOT USE THE SAME REHEARSAL TECHNIQUES IN QUESTION B AND C. YOU MUST USE DIFFERENT ONES TO GAIN MARKS SO QUICKLY PLAN OUT EACH QUESTION BEFORE YOU START
1. Topic Sentence:
In rehearsal, as a director, one rehearsal technique I would use to explore......would be........
Always start with this topic sentence at the beginning of your B and C question
2. Choose a rehearsal technique, linking to the question:
e.g. In rehearsal as a director, one rehearsal technique I would use to explore the relationship between the men and women in the extract would be off text improvisation.........