- Created by: chantelle
- Created on: 09-05-11 16:52
Synthesising the Polypeptide
- A ribosome becomes attached to the starting codon at one end on the mRNA molecule.
- The tRNA molecule with the complementary anticodon sequence moves to the ribosome and pairs up with the sequence on the mRNA. This tRNA carries an amino acid.
- A tRNA molecule with a complementary anticodon pairs with the next codon on the mRNA. This tRNA molecule carries another amino acid.
- The ribosome moves along the mRNA, bringing together two…