- Created by: Kwang Ryeol Park
- Created on: 29-04-10 01:31
Kaiser Wilhelm II's Weltpolitik
- Wilhelm II becomes Kaiser in 1888.
- Weltpolitik is the term to describe Wilhelm II's foreign policy.
1 of 5
New Nation: Germany
- Strongest industrial country in Europe.
- Most powerful army in the World.
- No empire so the Germans felt they were undervalued by the world.
2 of 5
Aim of Weltpolitik
- to win Germany the respect it needed from the world.
- wanted Germany to have ' a place in the sun '.
- an aggressive policy
3 of 5
Kaiser Wilhelm II's ambition
- Kaiser wants Germany to be a huge trading nation - needs an African Empire.
- Wants Germany to become an imperial power - needs a navy as big as Britain's.
- This alarms the British.
4 of 5
Fears of Wilhelm II's policy
- fears many European nations especially the Triple Entente.
- Kaiser Wilhelm II gives a speech to the Daily Telegraph.
- "as mad as March hares" - a quote by Wilhelm II when talking about the British.
- British fears intensifies.
5 of 5