- Created by: Holliebuckoke
- Created on: 05-06-15 18:41
Uses of Limestone and Quarrying.
What is LIMESTONE used for?
- POWDERED LIMESTONE is HEATED in a KILN with POWDERED CLAY to make CEMENT
- CEMENT can be MIXED with SAND and WATER to make MORTAR
- They create jobs for local people.
- It brings money/income into a local economy.
- Local areas with quarrying will be improved.
- They create lots of noise and dust pollution.
- They are huge ugly holes that damage a landscape.
- It is only needed in certain places, meaning that it needs to be transported releasing carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide and finally, nitrogen oxide.