- Created by: Georgiauntisz
- Created on: 07-05-18 18:13
Three Gorges Dam Hard Engineering
- £26 million pound Dam
- Built on the Yangtze river in China to reduce flooding, improve water supply, improve navigation for ships.
- 175 metres long.
- 34 hydroelectric generators.
- In 2012, dam held back flood water.
- China's drought in 2011, the reservoir provided farms downstream with water.
- Land has been flooded with water from the dam.
- 1.3 million people had to relocate for the building of the dam.
- Major changes in landscape has made the surrounding land prone to landslides.
1 of 1
Similar Geography resources: