- Created by: emmacram
- Created on: 08-06-15 18:32
- In March 1920, the allies insisted two brigades of Freikorps be break up but, they refused.
- Kapp tried to overthrow the Weimar Republic and put the government back to how it was before the war.
- Some of the Freikorps (led by Kapp) took over Berlin to form another government and government was forced to flee to Dresden.
- Ebert tried to make the army put down this revolution but they did nothing.
- Ebert called on workers to stage a general strike.
- Kapp and Luttwitz (leaders of Freikorp brigades) gave up after 4 days and fled from Berlin.
- The Putsch collapsed.
- The government returned to Berlin but didn't punish those involved in the Kapp Putsch as many judges sympathised with people like Kapp.
1 of 1
Similar History resources: