- Created by: Beth
- Created on: 11-02-11 12:10
What is A Drainage Basin?
the entire geographical area drained by a river and its tributaries; an area characterized by all runoff being conveyed to the same outlet;
1 of 3
Uses of a River Basin:-
- Rivers provide:- uses to settlements for fishing, transport, drinking water
- Flood Plains:- fertile land
- Hydroelectric Power:- an effective power source
- Waste:- removed conviently meaning polluted rivers
- Estuaries:- Ship Building Industries placed here.
2 of 3
- schemes in place for flooding
- building damns
- Laws to stop waste
3 of 3