Energy, Adenosine Triphosphate and Respiration.
- Active Transport- moving ions and molecules across a membrane against a concentration gradient
- Secretion- large mlecules produced in some cells are exported by exocytosis.
- Endocytosis- bulk movement of large molecules into cells.
- Biosynthesis- anabolic reactions producing large molecules (e.g. proteins from amino acids).
- Replication of DNA and synthesis of organelles- events during cell cycle.
- Contraction of myofibrils- movement of actin filaments over myosin filaments.
- Activation of molecules- glucose is phosphorylated at the beginning of respiration.
1 of 1