- Classical Conditioning (CC).
- Operant Conditioning (OC).
- Token Economy.
- Gene Preparedness.
1 of 7
- OC - Reinforcers and punishers, only studies behaviour e.g. Thorndikes puzzle box.
- CC- controlled behaviour e.g. Pavlov`s dogs.
- Trial and Error- Punishing and rewarding behaviour randomly.
- Generalisation - General laws and principles.
2 of 7
- Behaviourists - we were born as a blank slate (the environment and upbringing makes us who we are.).
- We can learn from animal behaviour/ we can learn from environment like animals.
- Psychologist- only study behaviour not thoughts and feelings.
3 of 7
- OC - only studies behaviour.
- CC - controlled.
- Imprinting - Lorenz`s Goslings (genetics preparedness).
4 of 7
- Lab experiments.
- Natural experiments.
5 of 7
- Aversion therapy - CC - getting rid of bad habits e.g gayness via ECT.
- Token Economy - OC- is commonly used in prisons and schools.
- Phobia treatment - CC- Flooding- Phobias are learnt so can easily be unlearned by exposure to the phobia.
6 of 7
- Pavlov`s Dogs - CC- Salivate to bells.
- Thorndikes Cats - OC- escape out of puzzle box and learn.
- Lorenz`s Geese - imprinting- gene preparedness.
- Little Albert - CC - creating a phobia.
- Bandura Dolls.
7 of 7