- Created by: amy-vousden
- Created on: 20-04-15 16:56
P3 : IMAGES
- Position - is image closer or further away from lens comapred to actual object?
- Size - is it smaller (diminished) or larger (magnified) than actual object?
- Orientation - is the image upside down (inverted) or correct way up (upright)?
- Type - is it real (can be shown on a screen) or virtual (no light rays go to or from the image)?
REAL IMAGE: A real image is where the light from an object comes together to from an image on a 'screen' - like the image formed on an eye's retina (the 'screen' at the back of an eye)
VIRTUAL IMAGE: A virtual image is when the rays are diverging, so the light from the object appears to be coming from a completely different place.