- George and Lennie head to the Ranch
- They stop by the pool to sleep
- Lennie asks George to tell him the dream
- George mentions Weed
- George gets angry at Lennie for burdening him, then apologises
1 of 6
- George and Lennie arrive at the ranch and meet Candy
- There is a description of the Bunk House
- We meet all of the main characters
- The Boss suspects Geroge because he won't let Lennie speak - and Curley takes a dislike to Lennie
- They meet Slim who offers Lennie a puppy and Curley's beautiful young wife who George warns Lennie to stay away from.
2 of 6
- Geroge tells Slim about Weed
- Carlson shoots Candy's dog
- Candy finds out about the dream and offers his money if he can stay with George and Lennie
- Lennie crushes Curley's hand after he is egged on by George (Curley starts on Lennie for no reason)
- Slim tells Curley to tell peple he got his hand caught in a machien to avoid embarassment
3 of 6
- All of the men go to town apart from Crooks, Lennie and Candy, who are left behind
- Lennie and Candy go into Crook's room who finds it difficult to hide his pleasure to have some company
- Lennie panicks as Crooks tells him to imagine that George would never come home, in an attempt to show Lennie how lonely he is
- Lennie tells Crooks about the dream who seems interested
- Curley's wife looks for company and finds L,Cr, and Ca in Crook's room
- Crooks orders her out, but she uses her superior status as a white woman to threaten him with lynching
- Crooks realises that Lennie and George's dream will never occur
- Candy and Lennie leave Crook's room
4 of 6
- Lennie accidently kills the pup in the barn when everyone else is outside playing horseshoes. This is a sign of things to come.
- Curley's wife appears and tells Lennie about her dream of being an actress and getting something for nothing
- Lennie (liking soft things) strokes her hair, but panis and finds he can't let go
- He accidently breaks her neck
- Lennie runs away
- The other men find out and go to find Lennie who is immediately suspected.
- Candy realises the dream will never occur
5 of 6
- Lennie sees visions of his Aunt Clara and a Rabbit who tell him he has done a bad thing.
- George finds Lennie by the stream they had stayed by in Chapter one
- George talks to Lennie about the dream, and, getting him to turn away, shoots him in the back of the head with Carlson's Luger
- The rest of the men find him and George, shaken, talks to Slim.
6 of 6