key word 6
- Your breathing system gets oxygen into your bloodand removes carbon dioxide.
- When you breath in the air goes down the windpipe and into your lungs.
- Breathing ventilation is the moving of air when you breathe
- Inside the lungs are thousands of air sacs, which contain yiny pockets called alveoli. these are surrounded by blood vessels called capillaries.
- Gas exchange happens in the lungs when oxygen in the air diffuses into the blood. and carbon doixide from the the blood plasma diffuses into the air into the lungs.
- The lungs are adapted for fast gas exchange.
1 of 2
key words 6 continued
- alevoli and cappillaries have thin walls.
- mucus is produced by cells in the tubes in the lungs, it traps bits of dirt and cilia (tiny hairs) move it upwards so it can be swallowed.
2 of 2