- Created by: VanesszaF
- Created on: 22-04-19 19:22
Curran & Seaton: Power and Media
- The media is controlled by a small number of films driven by profit and power.
- Media concentration limits variety, creativity and quality.
- Diverse patterns of ownership = more adventurous productions.
1 of 4
Livingstone & Lunt: Regulation
- Struggle in UK regulation policy between need to further the protection of citizens vs. need to further choice of consumers.
- Increasing power of global media + the rise of convergent technologies = traditional regulation at risk.
2 of 4
Hesmondhalgh: Cultural Theory
- Cultural industries minimisee riska and maximise audience through vertical and horizontal intergration and formatting of products.
- Conglomerates operate across many industries.
- Potential of internet contained by incorporation into a large profit oriented set of cultural industries.
3 of 4
- Horizontal Intergration: The Expansion of an industry at the same level of the supply chain.
- Vertical Intergration: The expansion of an industry across multiple or all levels of supply and distribution of a product.
4 of 4