- Created by: emmalum
- Created on: 11-03-19 15:04
- 1 in 3 schools are faith-based
Strengths and weaknesses
+They are inclusive and more diverse
+They produce the best results
+They promote good virtues
-Said to cause terrorism
-no longer funded by churches
-People feel excluded/separated from society
Challenges from science
- Athiest and proffessor at oxford
- Book called "delusion of God"
- Religion is described as a virus and can cause evil
- God of the gaps
- Converted from athiesm to catholicism
- Proffessor at oxford
- Book called "The Dawkin's delusion"
- Athiesm causes evil
"To grow up and still believe in God is to remain a child all your life"- Russel
inclusivism, exclusivism and universalism
Exclusivism- Your own religion is the only way to salvation
Inclusivism- Your own religion is one way to get salvation. Other religions may contain partial truths.
Pluralism- All religions have an element of truth.
Analogy of 6 blind men feeling an elephant. They may believe it is all different things but it is the same.
- God needs to be the focus not Jesus. Every religious person believes in a powerful God/ Gods of some sort but we all interpret him in different ways. (pluralism)
- All humans are part of God's creation
- Non-catholics are actually anonymus christians as they aren't aware of God's love (Inclusivist)