what is urbanisation?
the percentage increase of people living in cities and towns
what causes urbanisation?
- people moving from rural to urban areas.
- when industrialization occurred
- to get jobs in the rapidly expanding industries
- push factors
- pull factors
- natural increase- when birth rates are higher then death rates
what is an millionaire city?
a city that has more than 1 million inhabitants
urban problems in MEDCs
- car ownership
- derelict buildings
- high unemployment
solutions to congestion/traffic
- park and ride schemes
- cycle lanes
- congestion charging schemes
- low emission areas
urban problems in LEDCs
what is migration?
is the movement of people from one place to another
what are the types of migration
permanent, temporary, voluntary, forced
international , internal