- Created by: Emma heaps
- Created on: 25-03-11 08:58
What makes the desert an extreme enviroment?
- the high temperature makes it hard to walk and stay in the sun for long.
- there's a lack of water in the desert, this makes it hard to live there or stay there for long
- there is poor vegetation
- there is no shelter for in the night or in the day
- at night because there is no cloud cover the temperatures drop into the minuses
1 of 2
What are the temperatures like in the desert?
- The mean temperature of the Sahara Desert is over 30 ºC (86 ºF).
The average summer temperature is 30 ºC (86 ºF); winter temperature 13 ºC (55 ºF), considered low for a desert but a fact, apparently. Some months have average temperatures of 40 ºC (104 ºF), often reaching the 50 ºC (122 ºF). Summer temperatures can show a daily range of more than 50 ºC - reaching that temperature during the day then plunging below freezing at night.
2 of 2