- Geostationary satellites are higher than polar satellites. They follow the orbit
- of the Earth, they orbit above the equator.
- They take 24 hours to orbit the Earth completely.
- They are used for communication, so things like, TV and telephones.
1 of 2
- Polar satellites are low satellites that orbit over the North and South Poles.
- They are used for spying and weather. Because the satellites are lower, they can see things on Earth in more detail.
- They take about 50 minutes to orbit the Earth entirely. This is useful as the weather can be predicted more than once a day.
2 of 2