MITWOSIS produces 2 genetically identical body cells.
Definition: a type of cell division used to produce new body cells. Occurs during growth and repair, or to produce replacement cells. Used in ASEXUAL REPRODUCTION of simple plants and animals.
MEosis Me - how was i made? SEXUAL REPRODUCTION.
Definition: Special type of cell division used to make sex cells. Gamates have half the normal number of chromosomes.
Produces 4 non identical cells (unless identical twins).
miTWOsis and MEosis both.....
- are a type of cell division
- the replication (copying) of chromosomes occurs before division
- begin with M :D
- equal number of chromosomes at first divisions.
- Mitosis produces more offspring
- produces 2 cells
- used in asexual reproduction,
- includes one nucleur cell division
- resulting cells are genetically identical - NO VARIATION
- simple cell division.
- Meiosis produces fewer offspring
- produces 4 cells
- used in sexual reproduction
- includes two nucleur divisions
- not genetically identical - VARIATION
- cell division for gametes