Flame test for lithium ?
Flame test for Sodium ?
Flame test for Potassium
Flame test for Calcium ?
Flame test for Barium?
Flame test for Magnesium?
Testing for Carbonate Ions
What is the test for Carbonate ions?
1.Add dilute Hcl acid to the substance and see if it fizzes
2. If fizzing and gas turns lime water milky = carbonate ions!!
CO(2) produced wehn they decompose on heating but harder to detect
Test for Halide ions
Test for halide ions?
1. Add dilute nitric acid and then silver nitrate solution
2. Chloride solutions = white precipitate AND Bromide ions = cream precipitate
Iodide = yellow precipitate
Flame test for Nitrate ions?
1. Add a little Aluminium powder then Sodium Hydroxide solution
2. Warm and test gas given off with red litmus paper
3. If turns blue ammonia was produced and nitrate ions present