- Created by: cordelia_finch
- Created on: 19-05-14 23:00
- Alcohol is permitted in Christianity
- St Paul advised Timothy to drink some wine to aid digestion
- Holy Communion- wine used in Church of England and Roman Catholic but not in Methodist Church
- Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding in Cana
- Proverbs-getting drunk will make you loud and foolish
- Ephesians- drunkeness will ruin you
- Illegal drugs regarded as harmful
- "The body is a temple of the Holy Spirit"
- Sanctity of Life- drugs can kill
- "I, your God give life and I take it away"
- Rastafarians use marijuana to heighten spiritual awareness
- There are no direct teachings in the Bible to sat drug abuse is wrong
1 of 3
- "We give though this Quran all that gives health and is a grace to those who believe"
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are haram= forbidden
- Body is on loan until Judgement Day
- Drugs cloud the mind and are to Khamr= to cover
- Effects of illegal drugs would make it impossible to pray
- "Wine...are filthy tricks of Satan"
2 of 3
- One of 5 precepts= "Avoid intoxicants that cloud the mind"- don't take drugs
- "Avoid harming living beings"- being under the influence may cause you to become violent
- "Health is the greatest of gifts"
- Eighth fold path
=Right livelihood- avoid working in the alcohol or tobacco industry
=Right Awareness and Meditation- using drugs would prevent this
3 of 3