- Passive transport
- Energy comes from the nautural inbuilt motion of particles.
- All particles are constanlty in motion
- Particles are constantly bouncing off each other as well as objects such as organelles.
1 of 3
- The net movement of molecules or ions froma high concentration to a region of lower concentration until equillibrium is reached.
2 of 3
- The plasma membrane is not readily permeable.
- Only small, non-polar molecules like oxygen can diffuse easily.
- The movememnt of this is made easier (facilitated) by the transmembrane channels and carriers that span across the membrane.
- Passive process
- Down a concentrated gradient.
3 of 3