- Created by: Joe Pardoe
- Created on: 19-05-11 15:18
Neutralisation equations, naming the salt and the
- Acid + Metal Hydroxide = Salt + water
- Acid + Metal carbonate = Salt + water + Carbon dioxide
- Acid + metal = Salt + Hydrogen
Naming the salt
- The name of the salt is made up of 2 words, a first and last name.
- The first is the metal in the reaction.
- The last depends on the type of acid used.
Reaction of group 1 metals with water, oxygen and chlorine.
- Metal + water = Metal hydroxide + hydrogen
- Metal + oxygen = Metal oxide
- Metal + chlorine = Metal chloride
1 of 2
NaOH + H2SO4 ---> Na2SO4+H20
- Put a box round each individual chemical formulas
- Make a table like below
- See how many atoms are in the equation before and after reaction
- See how many you neeed to bring before to after
- Solve the equation
2 of 2