What is the water purifying process?
2. Ozone added
3. More filtering
4. Passed through carbon granules
5. Treated with chlorine
1 of 6
Whats the difference between solute & solvent?
- Solute - a material which dissolves
- Solvent - liquid that the material dissolves in
2 of 6
What are the properties of hard water?
- Has dissolved compounds in it
- Reacts with ions in the soap to form scum
3 of 6
Whats the properties of permanently hard water?
- Contains calcium sulfate
- Doesn't soften when boiled
4 of 6
How can you soften water?
- Washing soda/sodium carbonate
- Ion exchange in water softeners
5 of 6
How to identify metal ions?
- Use a Nichrome wire and wet with acid
- Scoop up some sample metal ions and put into the bunsen burner
6 of 6