- Created by: megan_austinn
- Created on: 25-02-14 19:40
- Heat is given out
- Temperature rises.
- "EXO"thermic , think of the exo as exit- given out- running out the exit.
- Some examples of exothermic reactions are:
- neutralisation reactions between acids and alkalis
- the reaction between water and calcium oxide
transfer energy to the surroundings.
1 of 4
- temperature drops
- Energy is absorbed from the surroundings.
- examples of endothermic reactions are:
- the reaction between ethanoic acid and sodium carbonate
- the thermal decomposition of calcium carbonate in a blast furnace
2 of 4
- In a reversible reaction, the products can react to produce the original reactants again.
- For example,
ammonium chloride ammonia + hydrogen chloride
3 of 4
La Chatliers Principal
" any cnage you make to the system, the system will try to counteract then eg: making sandwiches , then undo them."
- For maximum yield we have to shift equilibrium to right hand side.
- Increase Pressure- system tries to decrease pressure.
- Change temperature- system tries to decrease temperature this favours the endothermi reaction.
4 of 4