- Enter, colonise, resist, damage.
- Infection: entered + colonised.
- Disease: recognisable symptoms.
- Transmission via interface.
- Gas-exchange + digestive systems. (Thin, moist, large s.a, well supplied with blood.)
- Prevent: mucous, enzymes, stomach acid.
- Disease caused by damage to tissues. (No. of pathogens, prevented functions, toxin, viruses inhibit DNA, RNA, protein synthesis, break down membranes.)
1 of 3
Data + disease
- Correlation (change in variable, reflected by change in another) or causal relationship?
2 of 3
Lifestyle + health
- Risk: measure of probability that damage to health will occur as result of hazard.
- Lifestyle factors: smoking, diet, obesity, physical activity, sunlight, blood pressure, blood cholesterol.
3 of 3