- Quick to change colours of a design
- Quick to change the scale of a motif on the design
- Quick to change design details of a design - sleeve type, collar type, length of skirt etc.
- A design can be 'mapped' onto a figure so that you can see all round it and how the fabric would drape, how a pattern repeats.
- Repeat patterns can be created quickly.
- Saves time of the designer as designs can be done so quickly, thus saving money, and potentially more designs created.
- Reduces the amount of repetitive work that designers have to do.
- Designs can be saved and used again.
- Designs can be sent to the buyer for instant approval.
- Can be linked to machinery to create a CAD/CAM machine, which designs and then makes the product. (CAD/CAM embroidery machine)
1 of 2
- Specialist Computer Aided Design software is very expensive to buy often in the tens of thousands of £'s range.
- Designers have to be trained to use the software.
2 of 2