Fundamental Principles of British Life
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- Participation in community life
1 of 5
New Citizens Pledge
" I will give my loyalty to the United Kingdom and respect its rights and freedoms.
I will uphold its democratic values.
I will observe its laws faithfully and fulfil my duties and obligations as a British citizen. "
2 of 5
Responsibilities of The Residents and Citizens
- Respect and obey the law
- Respect the rights of others, including their right to their own opinions
- Treat others with fairness
- Look after yourself and your family
- Look after the area in which you live and the environment
3 of 5
Freedoms of The Residents and Citizens
- Freedom of belief and religion
- Freedom of speech
- Freedom from unfair discrimination
- A right to fair trial
- A right to join in the election of a government
4 of 5
Becoming a Permanent Resident or a Naturalised Cit
You will need to:
- Speak and read English
- Must have acceptable evidence of speaking and listening skills in English at B1.
- Have a good understanding of life in the UK
- Pass the Life in the UK test
5 of 5