- Created by: Isya
- Created on: 27-05-09 07:59
BIOLOGICAL RHYTHMS 1
· What are ultradian, circadian and infradian rhythms? Give examples.
· List studies into biological rhythms and name two critical points for each.
· What is the role of an endogenous pacemaker / exogenous zeitgeber? Outline one study on this topic.
B R 2
· Give examples of how biological rhythms can be disrupted.
· What are the consequences of disrupting biological rhythms?
(Remember to take a break now, if you need one!)
· Name two different types of sleep.
· Outline and evaluate the ecological and restoration theories of sleep.
· What are the differences between Horne's and Oswald's theories?
· Outline and evaluate one study of sleep deprivation.
· List, outline and evaluate studies into the nature of dreams.
· What is activation-synthesis? Evaluate.
· What is reverse-learning? Evaluate.
· Outline studies into REM sleep and LEARNING.
· List theories of the function of dreaming.
· Discuss problems with taking a scientific approach to dreaming.
There, you're done!
Now you can check through your books to see if you got the right information down. Revise any topics you don't think you did as well on.
Alternatively, you can e-mail me at [email protected] to discuss your answers, or just comment below.
I know this seems like a lot of work, but you can still have fun!
Ciao bella~ Isya